More Things I Do Not Approve Of: Extra Long & With Bonus Crankiness
1. Writers who substitute generalizations and anecdotes for actual data and research.
2. The word “lifestyle.”
3. Americans who focus their social and economic justice work solely on other countries, disregarding the poverty and inequality in our own.
4. Dress socks made of very thin fabric. If I wanted to wear pantyhose, I would wear pantyhose.
5. Adults who have long been out of school, have no children in school, do not work in education, yet somehow feel they have found the cure for what troubles public schools and feel the need to pontificate on the subject.
6. Permanent press fabric, which is usually a lie.
7. Ugly institutional carpet.
8. Cheap wall-to-wall rental unit carpet.
9. Carpet in general.
10. Almost every sentence that contains the word “Millenials”
11. Overly precious food writing.
12. Stigmatization of sex workers.
13. Loud noises for no good reason.
14. Complaining about tests.